18.6.09

life on mars

got an email from my sister today that was pretty funny.

"I was bored and looking up the dinosaur dig that we saw in Hanksville and I found out some interesting information about the area. If you all remember, we saw a research station while driving along scenic Cow Dung Road. We all speculated at the time about its purpose and I wanted to inform you all that it is the Mars Desert Research Center; Popular Science did a feature on it: http://www.popsci.com/military-aviation-amp-space/article/2009-01/getting-ready-mars-migration

Anyway, I thought it was cool...and I'm giggling to myself as I sit here picturing a group of pissed off teenagers (suffering from drug withdrawal) pushing Mormon handcarts through the desert running into a group of highly trained scientists wearing high-tech space suits (training for a Mars exploation) while a lizard chuckles (and enjoys his dragonfly lunch) from a nearby a bentonite rock!"

just loving the way she writes!!!

not to mention that i think it's amazing that they are preparing to land on mars about 45 minutes from where i live. there are days when i think that living in utah is like living on another planet but, well, this takes that a little to literally!

No comments:

Post a Comment